Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte

June 4, 2013

Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte

Crazy coffee-chain creations, and coffee at all for that matter, chai from powders, sticky sweet flavoured lattes – they just aren’t for me. A clean straight-up green chai, a pure and floral white, even an occasional peppermint – that is much more my cup of tea, pardon the pun.

But this? This is the goodness of chai spices and the decadence of pumpkin all wrapped up in a creamy warm mug of magic for Tea Time Tuesday. I probably could should have called it a Pumpkin Pie Latte…

Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte

Now if I was playing the good-food-blogger-calendar game I would have posted this in November or December. That’s when everyone in America-land searches for holiday pumpkin recipes, it’s when sites like The Kitchn and Epicurious and Saveur look for special creations to feature, it’s when every non-Christmas decorating pin on Pinterest is a pumpkin one.

Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte

And there is a good chance this has been sitting on my computer since the middle of December, ahem, but who am I to follow the rules? And besides, it’s pumpkin season right now in Sydney. A Chai Pumpkin Latte is not only seasonally appropriate but a perfect foil for the cold weather infiltrating my bones, plus there was no way I was going to make you wait another 5 or 6 months for this special creation.

My addiction to pumpkin and Pumpkin Pie has been well documented here so turning the versatile gourd into a drink shouldn’t surprise you too much, let’s be honest, I’d eat pumpkin every day if I could.

Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte

Now I’m off to put on another layer of clothing, steam up some pumpkin and make this latte for dessert. I highly recommend you do the same.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte

1. Kirsty @ The Natural Foodie on June 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

Awesome JJ, can’t wait to try this! Thanks too for catering to the Southern Hemisphere season.

2. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on June 5, 2013 at 10:56 am

Your latte looks scrumptious, love the fall flavors!

3. milkteaxx on June 5, 2013 at 11:35 am

that sounds delicious! i would eat pumpkin everyday if i could too!

4. Claire @ Claire K Creations on June 5, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I have a ridiculous amount of pureed pumpkin in my freezer at the moment. Looks like I have a way to use it!
    Good for you JJ being such a rebel posting this in June!

5. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on June 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm

This sounds divine and just the ticket for a cold night in :D

6. zosia on June 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm

chai simply means TEA

haha

7. Sara @bellyrumbles on June 20, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Your brain amazes me at times with its creativity. I would of never thought of that!

8. 25 Delicious Fall Recipes! - Sea of Savings on August 7, 2013 at 7:01 am

[...] 17. Apple Chips 18. Roasted Cauliflower Soup 19. Autumn Harvest Vegetable and Pumpkin Curry 20. Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte 21. Creamy Toasty Mushroom Soup 22. Autumn Salad 23. Baked Nashi Pear 24. Blood Orange, Carrot, [...]

9. […] (via 84th&3rd | Vegan Chai Pumpkin Latte) […]