Chargrilled Broad Beans

November 5, 2013

Chargrilled Broad Beans (Fava Beans)

I’m kind of stuck right now. Pulled this way and that, feeling as if very few things are actually moving in a forward direction while others zoom right past.

I haven’t been posting much lately as I can’t seem to find anything to write. The recipes come, as do the photos, but then I simply draw a blank.

I thought taking a bit of time out would help, reignite the words perhaps, but it hasn’t. So instead of waiting or writing rubbish just to fill in spaces I’m going to stick with what works — and what makes me happy.

Chargrilled Broad Beans (Fava Beans)

Recipes and the pictures, pictures and the recipes. They fit how my mind works. They make me happy. Even if there is nothing to say other than “this food makes me happy today”, I’m ok with that right now.

These broad beans were inspired by the ones I had at Harts Yard the first week they opened — as a matter of fact when I saw the new season beans in a green grocer recently there was really only ever one thing I even considered using them for — simple really is best sometimes.

Did you know broad beans and fava beans are the same thing? Yep, so it’s only fitting you serve these with a nice Chianti.

Chargrilled Broad Beans (Fava Beans)

Chargrilled Broad Beans (Fava Beans)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Chargrilled Broad Beans

1. Tina @ bitemeshowme on November 5, 2013 at 8:06 am

The first time I even had broad beans were at hartsyard. I loved the char grill on them and have loved them since!

2. Sarah | The Sugar Hit on November 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm

These look great. I hope things get less confusing soon!

3. Sara | Belly Rumbles on November 5, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Love broad beans, but really wish they didn’t have that thick skin around the bean. You get them out of the pod and then are face with that. Yes, I am lazy ;p

4. Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul on November 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I hear you regarding “always being on” and creativity. Do what works for you and relish it! As for the broad beans I’ve never tried them chargrilled and now I’m intrigued. Great stuff JJ!

5. brenda hayes on November 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm

The Muse needs a vacation now and then? She’ll be back!

6. Claire @ Claire K Creations on November 5, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Sorry you’re feeling a bit off JJ? I don’t see anything wrong with a post that about what made you happy!

7. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on November 6, 2013 at 4:48 am

I’ve never tried chargrilled beans, what a treat!

8. Helen (Grab Your Fork) on November 7, 2013 at 1:30 am

The first paragraph always seems to take a long as writing the rest of the post, doesn’t it?!

9. laurasmess on November 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm

These look DELICIOUS, the second chargrilled broad bean post that I’ve read this week! I think that’s a sign that I need to give them a go whilst fresh broad beans are still available. Yum! Thanks for the inspiration JJ x

10. Amanda@ChewTown on November 26, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I often wish someone could write all the words for me and I just do the photos and recipes. At times I just wish I could post the recipe and images.

My dad grows broad beans back home in Perth and eats them straight off the plant by the bucket loads. I’m not really a fan of them raw but love the sound of them chargrilled.