Quinoa Fried Rice

July 8, 2013

Quinoa Fried Rice

A twist on a classic, a fridge surprise, leftover magic… Call it what you will this creation is one of my favourite ways to use quinoa.

Quinoa Fried Rice

Truth be told it’s one of my favourite ways to use pretty much anything. Clearing out the crisper has been quite a trend round these parts lately and it’s bound to continue.

Quinoa Fried Rice Quinoa Fried Rice

The good thing about re-inventing leftovers is that they cease to be tired and simply become an entirely new meal. How terribly convenient.

Tell me, what is your top tip to give leftovers a makeover?

Quinoa Fried Rice

Quinoa Fried Rice

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Quinoa Fried Rice

1. Sarah on July 8, 2013 at 11:36 am

Fried rice is a brilliant way to clean out the fridge! As long as it’s good and gingery, it’s a total win.

2. Tina @ bitemeshowme on July 8, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I never thought to use quinoa as a rice replacement. This is a genius idea – thank you!!

3. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on July 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I love fried rice, what a fabulous idea to use quinoa!

4. brenda hayes on July 8, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Delicious.

5. Claire @ Claire K Creations on July 8, 2013 at 1:24 pm

My sister gave me a big bag of quinoa last week and I hadn’t even thought about how to use it. Looks like I’ll be cleaning out the crisper too!

6. Prue @ The Culinary Library on July 8, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Love it. I am continually doing ‘clean outs’ too and loving quinoa at the moment. What are the beautiful looking salt bush leaves, I’ve never heard of them?

7. thelittleloaf on July 8, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Great idea! I love crispy quinoa and this dish looks like a lovely alternative to rice fried rice :-)

8. Helen (Grab Your Fork) on July 8, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I often cook up a big batch of quinoa so I love this idea of turning leftovers into fried rice. And I haven’t seen salt bush leaves for sale either, but what a great Aussie canape idea!

9. milkteaxx on July 9, 2013 at 9:35 am

this is such a brilliant idea! thank you for the inspiration!

10. […] (via 84th&3rd | Quinoa Fried Rice) […]