I have a soft spot for St Patrick’s Day — it did after all serve as the backdrop for meeting RJ twelve years ago and pretty instantly changed any hazy plans I had for the future — so when it came to picking a theme for this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop a celebration of all things green/rainbow/gold/potato/whiskey/stout/oatmeal was an obvious choice.
Anything’s game so long as it’s Irish or inspired by St Patrick’s Day festivities and the details about the hop are below — but to start things off right I’ve collected a few fun recipes from around the internets…
11 St Patrick’s Day Dessert Ideas
Photos property of respective websites as noted and linked below
- Shamrock Shake — No. 2 pencil
- Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Creme Frosting — A Beautiful Bite
- Irish Apple Cake — One Perfect Bite
- Irish Creme Cookies — Buttercream Blondie
- Rainbow Cake — Raspberri Cupcakes
- Gluten Free (Potato!) Lemon Cake — BBC Good Food
- Shamrock Cookies — Better Homes and Gardens
- Creme de Menthe Brownies — She Knows
- Green Velvet Cake — Food Network
- Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes — Tidy Mom
- Rainbow Slice Cookies — Good Life Eats
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop
- Theme: ‘Luck o’the Irish’
- Hostess: JJ from 84th & 3rd
- Hop opens: Monday 17 March 2014, 9 am (Australian Eastern Standard Time, Sydney)
- Hop closes: Friday 21 March 2014, 11.59 pm (AEST)
How to participate:
- Make a dessert fitting the theme for the month and post your creation on your blog during the week of the blog hop.
- Visit the hostess’s post (on this site) when it goes live follow the instructions to link up.
- Hop through all the themed creations to discover new recipes and new blogs.
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop is a monthly dessert link-up. Each month there is a new theme and the hop is open to anyone who blogs recipes. SABH is run by JJ from 84th & 3rd and regular guest hostesses.