I have a soft spot for St Patrick’s Day — it did after all serve as the backdrop for meeting RJ twelve years ago and pretty instantly changed any hazy plans I had for the future — so when it came to picking a theme for this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop a celebration of all things green/rainbow/gold/potato/whiskey/stout/oatmeal was an obvious choice.
Anything’s game so long as it’s Irish or inspired by St Patrick’s Day festivities and the details about the hop are below — but to start things off right I’ve collected a few fun recipes from around the internets…
11 St Patrick’s Day Dessert Ideas
Photos property of respective websites as noted and linked below
- Shamrock Shake — No. 2 pencil
- Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Creme Frosting — A Beautiful Bite
- Irish Apple Cake — One Perfect Bite
- Irish Creme Cookies — Buttercream Blondie
- Rainbow Cake — Raspberri Cupcakes
- Gluten Free (Potato!) Lemon Cake — BBC Good Food
- Shamrock Cookies — Better Homes and Gardens
- Creme de Menthe Brownies — She Knows
- Green Velvet Cake — Food Network
- Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes — Tidy Mom
- Rainbow Slice Cookies — Good Life Eats
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop
- Theme: ‘Luck o’the Irish’
- Hostess: JJ from 84th & 3rd
- Hop opens: Monday 17 March 2014, 9 am (Australian Eastern Standard Time, Sydney)
- Hop closes: Friday 21 March 2014, 11.59 pm (AEST)
How to participate:
- Make a dessert fitting the theme for the month and post your creation on your blog during the week of the blog hop.
- Visit the hostess’s post (on this site) when it goes live follow the instructions to link up.
- Hop through all the themed creations to discover new recipes and new blogs.
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop is a monthly dessert link-up. Each month there is a new theme and the hop is open to anyone who blogs recipes. SABH is run by JJ from 84th & 3rd and regular guest hostesses.
Brenda Hayes says
Beautiful pictures….and Happy 12th “we met” anniversary!!
Carl Joe Wright says
Saint Patrick’s dessert ideas is impressive… I totally agree with that. Hope in my homeland Kiama, I can also prepare all of that.
Keren Natalia says
I’m down for anything GREEN! And alcoholic 😛
I’ve been surfing online more than three hours these days,
yet I never found any attention-grabbing article like
yours. It’s beautiful price enough for me.
Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the web will probably be much more
useful than ever before.