Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet

June 28, 2013

Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet

We added another doona onto the bed the other night. The heater in the lounge room is getting a workout – as is the power bill I’m sure. I pretty much live in an ancient cashmere jumper and occasionally layer it with a puffy down vest. I haven’t taken off my¬† Ugg boots in days. Can you tell I don’t do winter very well?

Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet

So why on earth am I making sorbet? Well it uses the best of local NSW winter citrus, and not quite as local Queensland winter passionfruit to create an instant tropical treat… And if I sit right in front of the heater I can almost pretend it’s summer – ha!

Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet

After using part of my passionfruit stash for these Spicy Passionfruit & Prawn Lettuce Cups I knew the rest had to go into something sweet.

Since I’ve been slightly addicted to a new Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie invention this simply seemed like a logical next step. I love it when a plan comes together. I even had enough pulp leftover to freeze up for later.

Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet

Oh summer I miss you.

Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet
~~~
Thanks to Australian Passionfruit & Horticulture Australia for the passionfruit

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Passionfruit & Orange Sorbet

1. Sarah on June 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I LOVE winter! Everything you were saying about heaters and Fiona’s and cashmere sounded magic to me. Ah well, at least we can meet in the middle over sorbet.

• Sarah on June 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm

That’s *doonas* – thank you autocorrect.

2. Stephanie - The Dessert Spoon on June 28, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I don’t cope very well with the cold either but I still eat sorbet even though it’s winter. I just finished my peach sorbet for lunch so I’ll try this one next. It looks fabulous!

3. leaf (the indolent cook) on June 28, 2013 at 1:27 pm

So healthy and fruity, nice one. I still eat icy treats in winter, bring it!

4. brenda hayes on June 29, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Sounds delicious. Save some for when I visit…no passion fruit here.

5. Sara @bellyrumbles on June 29, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Oh what an image JJ. You perched on the edge of your chair, all rugged up, hovering over the heater scoffing down icy cold sorbet :p Looks absolutely delish!

6. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on June 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Winter doesn’t agree with me either! Love the tangerine color of your sorbet.

7. Lizzy (Good Things) on June 30, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Not sure how I missed this one, JJ, but I love it!

8. Tina @ bitemeshowme on July 1, 2013 at 8:27 am

3 ingredient sorbet? You got me. This looks fabulous!

9. Looking FANCY on July 5, 2013 at 7:20 pm

This looks so amazing i can’t even tell!!

10. foodienewz on July 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Your food photos are amazing. You can share your mouth watering photos with us at foodienewz.com. foodienewz.com is a new food sharing site and we actually try our best to promote your food photos. At foodienewz.com all your food photos will be published without any editorial review so I really hope you come and join us.

11. Zesty apple pie oatmeal | Early Morning Oats on July 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

[...] pie oatmeal, I did a twist using a zesty orange-passionfruit-banana sauce which I adapted from here. The original recipe was meant to be a sorbet, but I left it in the refrigerator instead of the [...]

12. Zesty Apple Pie Oatmeal :: Living in the Pure on October 27, 2013 at 1:10 am

13. […] Passionfruit and Orange Sorbet from 84th and 3rd […]

14. Zesty Apple Pie Oatmeal » NutriSabby on October 29, 2014 at 1:26 am

[…] pie oatmeal, I did a twist using a zesty orange-passionfruit-banana sauce which I adapted from here. The original recipe was meant to be a sorbet, but I left it in the refrigerator instead of the […]