What a year 2012 has been – although I’m not quite sure where its gone, wasn’t it March just a few days ago…? Anyway, I just wanted to take a quick moment and thank you for all of your support this past year. Thank you for stopping by and reading, for commenting, for sharing. I never thought when I started this little corner of the Internets that it would turn into such a big part of my life!
So first a few of your favourite recipes – based on views, and a few of my favourite recipes – based on my taste-buds. Then a quick wrap of of the year that was…
Top 6 favourite reader recipes of 2012
Keeping with the 2012 kale trend, chips and soup both went crazy. Chocolate is always a hit, no matter what year it is – ha!
1. Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream (January)
3. Winter White Bean & Kale Soup (September)
4. Kale Chips (January)
5. Nut-tella-type Choc-Hazelnut Spread (February)
6. Lemon Curd – rules and bending the rules (April)
My top 6 favourite recipes of 2012
I have to say, the ones with the most views by you are some of my faves, but here are a few more I love!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie (December)
Disco Cake! Including Chocolate Cake, Sugar Cookie Pops, 2 kinds of Buttercream and lots of sparkle – it’s all happening here (February)
Finnish Emergency Bread (August)
Finally a quick wrap-up of exciting things
- 107 posts and 67+ recipes.
- As always there were plenty of food festivals, conferences and ridiculous overseas trips yet to be fully recapped.
- I finally found some decent light in my apartment, and while there is still so much to learn I felt like my photography was improving through the year! I should probably mention, Lightroom is my saviour…
And I had a few exciting things happen elsewhere too…
- Back in April I was asked by Australian Pears to participate in the ‘What can you pair with a pear’ competition. My Pear, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Jam Sandwich won first prize! I’ve recently found out that the recipe will be appearing somewhere very exciting – I can’t wait to share it with you!
- Then in August, World Kitchen and Bakers Secret sent me a cupcake tin with a challenge to create a recipe inspired by the 90’s for their ‘Great Australian Bakeline’ competition. What would you know but my ‘Sex and the City’ Cosmo Cupcakes recipe was selected as the winner!
- In September I was profiled by SBS as a Featured Foodie – you can read the full interview here – and in the beginning of November, 84th & 3rd turned two!
- December was a busy one. First I appeared over at Cut Out and Keep as a Featured Cooking Superstar. Then I submitted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Spread recipe for the Australian Macadamias 2013 Calender competition and my entry was selected as a winner. If you have a copy you can see it on show as Ms July – but I’ll make sure to post it here in the next month or so too!
Now I’m off to the beach this afternoon then heading out to see the fireworks tonight. Whether you are staying in for a quiet one or heading out to paint the town, I send best wishes for a wonderful end to 2012 and a fantastically prosperous 2013!
Jan 1 2013 UPDATE
You know I can’t go a year without sharing a sparkly NYE photo or three… Sydney sure does it well doesn’t she? Happy New Year everyone!