Last month the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop launched with our first adventure – Australian Pavlova. To say it was a roaring success is an understatement! 34 beautiful, unique, drool worthy creations emerged from kitchens and blogs around the world.
On the tail of that success we are proud to announce the December SABH: Festive Favourites. This month’s host is JJ from 84th & 3rd – hey, that’s me!
#SABH will open for posts and link-up on Monday 19 December 2011 – Australian Eastern Standard Time [AEST] and will remain open for a week and a day until 11:59pm on Monday 26 December 2011 AEST
The SABH Hostesses – Delicieux, The Hungry Australian, Dining With a Stud, The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader, and myself, 84th & 3rd – started Sweet Adventures to try out a different international dessert each month. Our goal is to bring food bloggers from around the world together – and each put our own spin on the selected adventure item.
You may be saying ‘but Festive Favourites isn’t a specific dessert or from a specific country, its a whole category‘ and you would indeed be correct. But it’s the holidays, and with so many special traditions out there we wanted to leave the adventure this month a bit open to interpretation. The only requirement is that your linked up post must be about a December Holiday dessert – if it shows up on your table after the main meal share it with us!
So if you grew up convinced that your nan’s Christmas Steamed Pudding is the best ever; or always wanted to make Rugelach for Hanukkah; or have a hankering for traditional Kwanzaa Sweet Potato Pie; this is your chance – go for it! Need some more ideas? Christmas cutout sugar cookies; Fruitcake; Trifle; Bûche de Noël; Gingerbread; Mincemeat, Pumpkin or Apple Pies; Panforte; Eggnog or Mulled Wine inspired treats; Chocolate Peppermint Bark; Sufganiot – Jelly Doughnuts… and the list goes on, I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with this time!
- While we are all located in Australia, bloggers from around the world are invited to join in. JJ from 84thand3rd will be hosting the December Festive Favourites event.
- On Monday 19 December 2011 AEDT, publish your post on your own blog.
- Visit the host blog – 84thand3rd – and link-up your SABH post on her Festive Favourites Hop page by following the instructions at the end of the post.
- Grab the link-up code to place back on your blog post. The code will create a gallery of all the other linked up posts and will let visitors hop from blog to blog to drool over the creations.
- Grab the SABH tile/bling for the month and place it in your post. Link it to the hostess’ post. You can also grab the bling from this post in preparation – right click on the SABH tile and ‘save image as’.
- Hop around, share the comment love and dream of sugarplums.
- The hop will remain open to new link-ups for a week and a day, until 11:59pm on Monday 26 December 2011 AEST. Don’t worry, you can still hop around to the other entrants after that.
- Please link-up new posts only and do not publish your post until the prescribed time each month!
Go on, what are you waiting for?
Find your recipe for the month, invite your blogging friends to join in, and get the word out – the more the merrier! Happy Baking.
What is a blog hop?
A blog hop, or a link-up, is when bloggers write about a common theme – in this case a selected dessert, link-up their post at the prescribed time on a hosting blog and put the blog hop code back on their own post. Then everyone hops from post to post checking out the contributions, commenting – and most likely getting really hungry along the way!
How does the SABH work?
Lizzy (Good Things) says
Yay, I’m in. Thanks for this great initiative!
Your last blog hop was sensational…looking forward to this one.
No idea what I’ll make but I’m in!
lau@corridor kitchen says
Actually now it’s looking less likely…
Oh that’s too bad! Remember, the link-up is open for a week so you can join any time before it closes 🙂
Jennifer (Delicieux) says
Yay!!! And thanks for hosting this one JJ! Now I just need to decide what to make!!!
Sounds great! Loving the freedom of this months theme. Thanks for hosting xoxo
YAY 🙂 Thanks for hosting this month! Cant wait 😀
I”ll be on holiday then but hope to join in too. I have plenty of people to cook dessert for that’s for sure!
Monica (@gastromony) says
This sounds like a lot of fun 🙂 Already thinking up a few things.
Michelle Elliott (@mschefkitchen) says
Yay! Just made a Christmas pudding the other day, but will be concocting up a few more Festive treats that may be a bit more original for the blog hop occasion!
Glad everyone is joining in again! I can’t wait to see all the fabulous creations!!
Looking forward to the festive yum! 🙂
Iron Chef Shellie says
can’t wait to see the creations!
So much fun!!! I’m going to try to link my holiday fudge~ Happy holidays!!!