Salted Caramel Truffles – Raw, vegan and impossibly good.

December 16, 2013

Salted Caramel Truffles - Raw & Vegan

I had no idea when I chose ‘Heavenly Holiday Truffles’ as the theme of the December Sweet Adventures Blog Hop that I would become obsessed with turning EVERY FLAVOUR EVER into a truffle.

Seriously.

A google-machine search on ‘truffle’ renders the expected chocolate versions, but the same search on Pinterest reveals the most stunning variations you could ever imagine and sends the imagination into overdrive.

Salted Caramel Truffles - Raw & Vegan

No doubt the purists will shout and stamp their feet, insisting that truffles should only consist of dark chocolate melted in cream, rolled and dunked in more chocolate or dusted with cocoa powder.

They may allow slight variations for the addition of a complementary flavour or a dash of alcohol — Cointreau and orange zest, Frangelico and a few hazelnuts, rum and coconut, Chambord and raspberry jam, brandy, chilli, mint, almond, ginger — but pumpkin or choc chip cookie or red velvet would send them into a tizzy.

Salted Caramel Truffles - Raw & Vegan

However I’ve never been one to follow the rules.

I can’t wait to see what everyone else has come up with this month for SABH — traditional chocolate or off the wall magic — no doubt I’ll want to make them all!

Oh, yeah, when I made these I divided the base mixture in half and made another version (with photos that are so much better than in this post) dressed up with ginger and cocoa for Christmas.

Salted Caramel Truffles - Raw & Vegan

Salted Caramel Truffles - Raw & Vegan

——

Sweet Adventures Blog Hop: How to link-up

The December Halloween theme hop is open for linkup until 11:59 pm, Friday 20 December [AEST Sydney time].

1. Add a link to this post somewhere in your post – You won’t be able to link up in the hop without a ‘backlink’ to this hostess post included in your post.
  2. Click here for the Thumbnail List code – Copy the code and add it to the bottom of your post in HTML view.
  3. Click here to Enter the Hop – Make sure to do this step so you appear in the list too! Add the link to your SABH post (NOT your homepage). Your entry will be submitted when you click ‘crop’ on your photo.

SABH December 2013 - TrufflesIf you have a question or aren’t sure of something don’t hesitate to ask. For more information detailed instructions can be found here.

Remember, SABH is open to all food bloggers but only new posts published after the hop goes live can be linked up.

Sweet Adventures Blog Hop is brought to you by 84th & 3rd and monthly Guest Hostesses. Follow on Twitter: @SweetAdvBlogHop and Facebook: /SweetAdventuresBlogHop for new hop announcements and general deliciousness. Thanks for joining SABH!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

26 Responses to Salted Caramel Truffles – Raw, vegan and impossibly good.

1. Mary @ beyondjelly on December 16, 2013 at 9:12 am

Yum! You just can’t beat salted caramel. :)

I’m not quite sure if my recipe this month technically falls under ‘truffle’! I had the idea as a result of your theme, but if it’s not truffley enough, I’ll pull out of the hop.

• JJ on December 16, 2013 at 9:19 am

Chocolate filling in a chocolate shell in bite-size pieces – sounds perfect to me ;D thanks for joining!

2. White Chocolate and Lime Christmas Bauble Truffles on December 16, 2013 at 9:24 am

[...] was super excited when I found out that this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop was truffle themed! No, not that delicious smelling mushroom, but a ganache-filled chocolate treat. [...]

3. Tina @ bitemeshowme on December 16, 2013 at 9:46 am

Salted Caramel truffles? Well who’s going to say no to that!

• JJ on December 16, 2013 at 10:24 am

My feeling exactly Tina!

4. Alison on December 16, 2013 at 10:18 am

I’m afraid mine aren’t strictly truffles… (not round in shape)I thought this might be okay because of the fat skinny elvis truffles… if that’s not okay, I can try something else instead.

• JJ on December 16, 2013 at 10:23 am

I’m sure they will be perfect Alison! Mary (look at #2 on the link list) did hers as little cups. As long as it’s in-spirit it’s all good ;D

• Alison on December 18, 2013 at 11:34 am

Thanks! ;)

• Alison on December 20, 2013 at 10:54 pm

My thumbnail seems not to be showing up on the blog hop list; any ideas why?

5. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on December 16, 2013 at 11:42 am

I love truffle and I could never say no to salted caramel!

6. Helen (Grab Your Fork) on December 16, 2013 at 12:22 pm

These look great and so good for you I could totally justify eating half a dozen, right?

7. Swah on December 16, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I love salted caramel in any form and these truffles look and sound delicious!! Yum :)

8. Tania @ The Cook's Pyjamas on December 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Great minds JJ. I’m working on a salted caramel truffle too but mine is proving beyond difficult. Maybe I should have followed your lead and gone raw :) These look fantastic, and I am loving your chocolate shell variations.

9. john | heneedsfood on December 16, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Yum! No need to tell me they’re impossibly good. I can see that for myself!

10. Claire @ Claire K Creations on December 16, 2013 at 8:06 pm

JJ these photos are beautiful so I’ll look forward to the others and you’ve totally sold me on salted caramel. For the first time ever an idea popped into my head the second I saw the theme. Looking forward to sharing it later in the week!

11. thelittleloaf on December 17, 2013 at 12:29 am

There is absolutely no way I could resist eating most of this before it even got rolled into balls. Looks DELICIOUS.

12. Lizzy (Good Things) on December 17, 2013 at 8:41 am

Oh JJ, how absolutely gorgeous! May I have one now, please?

13. Amanda@ChewTown on December 17, 2013 at 8:55 am

They look spectacular! I love everything about them.

14. Spiced Tamarind and Date Truffles | onesmallpot on December 17, 2013 at 10:07 am

[...] December’s Sweet Adventures Blog hop theme of Truffles was announced by JJ of 84th & 3rd, I had the borderline insane idea of creating a Hajmola candy [...]

15. Deepa@onesmallpot on December 17, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Yum!I could easily gobble a couple of lines of these. Lovely pics.

16. 2 Ingredient Truffle Bar | The Sugar Hit on December 17, 2013 at 5:28 pm

[...] Truffle Bar is my entry in the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop, which this month is being hosted by JJ from 84th & 3rd. I saw these rad-stylin’ white chocolate gingerbread truffles on my twitter buddy [...]

17. My Kitchen Stories on December 17, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Such lovely looking truffles. I am sure I would eat a whole plate

18. Cranberry Macadamia Truffles | Gastromony on December 19, 2013 at 2:48 pm

[...] Macadamia Truffles Massive kudos to JJ for picking a simple but wonderfully delicious sweet to make for this month’s Sweet [...]

19. Christmas Truffles « The Dessert Spoon on December 19, 2013 at 6:29 pm

[...] They are also my part of this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop Heavenly Holiday Truffles [...]

20. Apricot and Almond Rustic Truffles | redhotcentre on December 20, 2013 at 10:20 pm

[...] are also my first foray into the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop. The theme for December, as presented by 84th & 3rd is Truffles, and although my first thought when I heard that word was ‘round balls covered in [...]

21. Sally @simmer and boyle on December 22, 2013 at 7:26 am

nutty, chewy, salty-sweet goodness can’t wait to try these JJ :)