Fig, Fetta, Tahini & Thyme – an Almost Recipe

February 7, 2013

13-01-25_FigFettaCheeseTahiniThyme

I don’t create recipes the same way I post them. I think in arrows and chicken scratch and abbreviations. I have to make sure I write down oven temps and final cooking times and recipe titles or I’d end up with a pile of papers containing a list of ingredients and little else.

But some things just don’t need proper recipes or quantities or detailed instructions. A quick photo, a few simple ingredients and maybe a note or two will suffice.

As I regularly post dishes on Facebook via Instagram with a description of what went into the soup/salad/sandwich/etc, I figured that I may as well take it one step further and post here too.

Get in mah belly.

And so with that I’ve decided to share an occasional Almost Recipe with you.

A list of ingredients, most likely without measurements. A few photos, possibly taken on my phone. A brief explanation, at times in the form of a rambling fairy-dance story. It’s like a pick and mix really – all colour and plastic scoops and paper bags and occasional sharing. Leave your pennies at the counter on the way out.

Without any further ado a quick snack inspired by a container of sweet figs and a package of salty fetta, because that’s how I roll.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Fig, Fetta, Tahini & Thyme – an Almost Recipe

1. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on February 7, 2013 at 10:58 am

This topping would make a wonderful crostini!

2. Why Not Moi? on February 7, 2013 at 11:50 am

Looks yummy, JJ!
    And you’re right! I would see this for brunch, and also as an entrée, yum!
    Although I think i would make this as a canapé but on a smaller rice cake (for fear or cracking and falling everywhere but mainly just because i love canapés. :)

3. Anna @ The Littlest Anchovy on February 7, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I am so glad you posted this. I loved seeing it on instagram but it is not the same as seeing it on the big screen. I love this almost recipe, it would make such a satisfying lunch :)

4. Claire @ Claire K Creations on February 7, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Great idea JJ! I do that too, throwing together things that aren’t really a recipe. You might just start a trend.

5. Eha on February 7, 2013 at 3:51 pm

So exactly who is complaining? And not following?

6. Hotly Spiced on February 8, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Figs are in season at the moment and I always have those rice crackers in the cupboard and there’s an enormous jar of tahini in the fridge so I really ought to give this a try xx

7. Healthy Recipe Round Up 13 | on April 27, 2013 at 10:01 pm

[...] 84th & 3rd – Fig, Feta, Tahini & Thyme [...]

8. Cedric on May 29, 2014 at 8:28 am

Hi, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this post.
    It was practical. Keep on posting!