Wow, we’ve been away for so long that our adventures became everyday life… and being home is almost disconcerting! Now while I love to travel it does get a bit full-on sometimes.
Our trip by the numbers:
- 10.5 weeks
- 18 flights
- 11 states – not including airport transits
- 4 countries – not including the one we live in
- 2500+ driving miles
- 2 national parks, 4 giant heads, 1 world heritage city, 1 new wonder
- Rt 66
- 42k hike
- 2 food blogging conferences
- 1 wedding
- 8 year wedding anniversary
- 150+ lbs of luggage
- a gazillion photos
but there was also…
- 1 chocolate making course
- 4 lbs king crab legs
- 19 course degustation
- 62 tacos – approximately
- 24 scoops of ice cream – roughly
- 14 plate sized pancakes – or so
- 10 food trucks – I think
- and every different cuisine we could get our hands on
We were lucky enough to stay with family and friends off and on so not every night was in a hotel and not every meal was at a restaurant… but many were. Needless to say, I need vegetables.
As it would happen, I am hosting the November Sweet Adventures Blog Hop – but that doesn’t mean I can’t combine the two!
Will you raid the veggie patch to make zucchini bread, sweet corn ice cream, kale smoothies, sweet potato brownies or tomato soup cake? Or is eggplant more your speed? Be creative – whether you are hiding veggies from the kids or making them the hero of dessert.
So head out to your garden, down to the farmer’s market or even to the stand on the corner to grab some veggies for dinner and a few for dessert.
We can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
The bits and pieces:
- The ‘Cake and three Veg’ November Sweet Adventures Blog Hop will open for link up here at 84thand3rd on Monday 19 November 2012 at 9am Sydney time. It will be open for a week until Monday 26 November at 10:59pm Sydney time.
- As usual only new posts published on or after the link-up goes live each month will be accepted. One linked post per blog. The linked-up post must contain a dessert fitting the Adventure theme.
- All the link up details will be in the hostess post on 19 November.
A bit about Sweet Adventures Blog Hop
- SABH is brought to you by your hostesses – Dining With a Stud, The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader, Delicieux, The Hungry Australian and me 84th & 3rd.
- On Twitter? Use the hash tag #SABH to follow the fun and share your ideas. You can also follow us at @SweetAdvBlogHop for new hop announcements and general deliciousness.
- Tell your bloggie friends to join up or just pop over and take a look at all the entries – the more then merrier!