Tea is a powerful thing. It is served up as the cure for all that ails you – from a broken heart to a broken finger. It’s had stories written about it and ceremonies created in its name. The taxation of it incited a revolution and changed the course of a country, and the most expensive version of it costs about as much by weight as gold. After water it is the most consumed drink on the planet.
Tea refers both to the plant of the Camellia Sinesis family as well as the beverage made from that plant. Served hot or cold, these days the term ‘tea’ can be used to describe any refreshment brewed from leaves or aromatics.
On this go-round we are making desserts with tea, any tea – from straight up English Breakfast, to proper bergamot laced Earl Grey, Asian inspired Green, mysterious Chai or any other tisane that tickles your fancy – pick your flavour, pour a cuppa and start creating.
Now it can be tricky to bake or cook with tea but I’ve recently discovered a secret – infuse any fat in your recipe with the tea leaves first. Butter is said to work best but as long as you remember that fat holds flavour you can’t loose. Check out the original post here.
If you’ve been around for a bit you know how it works, if you’re new here – welcome, we’d love for you to join us!
The bits and pieces:
- The ‘What’s your cup of Tea?’ May Sweet Adventures Blog Hop will open for link up here at 84thand3rd on Monday 21 May 2012 at 9am Sydney time. It will be open for a week until Monday 28 May at 11:59pm Sydney time.
- Please only link-up new posts published on or after the link-up goes live each month. Old posts will not be accepted. One linked post per blog.
- The linked-up post must contain a dessert fitting the Adventure theme.
- All the link up details will be in the hostess post on 21 May.
A bit about Sweet Adventures Blog Hop
- SABH is brought to you by your hostesses – Dining With a Stud, The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader, Delicieux, The Hungry Australian and me 84th & 3rd.
- On Twitter? Use the hash tag #SABH to follow the fun and share your ideas. You can also follow us at @SweetAdvBlogHop for new hop announcements and general deliciousness.
- Tell your bloggie friends to join up or just pop over and take a look at all the entries – the more then merrier!