Roughly a year or so ago I shared a pic of this lovely little treat, but it was only this morning I got around to making it again and taking decent pics. Why now?
Well I’m hosting Sweet Adventures Blog Hop once again this month and rather than just tell you the theme I figured I’d kick off with a recipe too!
December SABH is about celebration and versatility, all wrapped up in the perfect bite-size dessert — Heavenly Holiday Truffles!
- Theme: ‘Heavenly Holiday Truffles’
- Hostess: JJ from 84th & 3rd
- Hop opens: Monday 16 December 2013, 9 am (AEST, Sydney Australia)
- Hop closes: Friday 20 December 2013, 11.59 pm (AEST)
How to participate:
- Make a dessert fitting the theme for the month, post your creation on your blog during the week of the blog hop.
- Visit the hostess post (on this site) when the hop opens and follow the instructions to link up.
- Hop through all the themed creations to discover new recipes and new blogs.
Remember… Only new posts which go live on or after the day the hop opens can be linked up.
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop, aka SABH, is a monthly dessert link-up. Each month there is a new theme and the hop is open to anyone who blogs recipes. SABH is run by JJ from 84th & 3rd and regular guest hostesses.
Truffles are a wonderful treat for any time of year but they really come into their own around the holidays.
While they tend to start and end with chocolate they can come in hundreds of variations to suit any occasion or taste. Pop them on sticks and add a bit of edible fun to a floral centre piece. Toss them into the centre of a cookie tray for a bit of variety. Or simply sneak a few with an after-dinner cup of tea.
So let your imagination go crazy this month, mix up your favourite flavours and get rolling, dusting and dipping!
Skinny Fat-Elvis Truffles
- 1/4 c natural peanut butter
- 1/2 c mashed banana
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats
- Chocolate Magic Shell
Optional Elvis add-ins
- crumbled bacon or vegan shiitake bacon
- chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
Combine peanut butter and banana (and honey if using). Stir through oats. Roll into truffles.
Freeze for 20 mins or refrigerate for a hour until cold, drizzle over magic shell or dip truffles to fully coat. (Sprinkle over bacon before topping hardens if using). Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- For a thicker coating make the Chocolate Magic Shell with equal amounts coconut oil and cocoa powder.
vegan // gluten-free using gf oats // dairy-free / refined sugar-free // soy-free