Gluten Free Quinoa Cornbread

July 29, 2013

Gluten-free Quinoa Cornbread

I’ve been a touch quiet ’round internet-land these past few weeks but there’s been lots happening in the background…

A few Dining Out posts, a few events, and a whole lot of design / editing / food photography for a new extremely fast turn around project has meant that this is not only the first recipe post in two weeks but the first thing I’ve cooked and photographed for my own purposes since those Almond Croissant Makeover treats. Phew.

Gluten-free Quinoa Cornbread

Of course that meant I not only tackled one dish last night but two, it happens. The first – this Gluten Free Quinoa Cornbread – is inspired by my assigned blog for this month’s Secret Recipe Club. The second – a mushroom and kale soup – should provide badly needed sustenance for another impending crazy week, as well as a future post.

Flipping through the recipe index on my SRC assigned blog, So Tasty So Yummy, I was spoiled for choice! Katie’s wholewheat Chocolate Doughnuts were one of the first things to catch my eye, alas I have no doughnut pan (note to self, get a doughnut pan…) and while I could have made them in a muffin tin, where’s the fun in that?

Gluten-free Quinoa Cornbread

I got distracted by the Autumn Dinner Party, thinking how perfect it would be to share over on Seasonal Sunday Lunch, I contemplated the Portobello Mushroom Soup for dinner, but I kept going back to the Cornbread.

You could call this a very generously adapted reflection of the original, but honestly when do I stick to a recipe these days? Inspiration is everything and Katie’s cornbread is just the inspiration I needed.

Now please excuse me while I crawl back into a pile of work, at least there’s soup and bread to keep me going, and soon enough I’ll share what I’ve been up to… Have a great week!

Gluten-free Quinoa Cornbread

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to Gluten Free Quinoa Cornbread

1. Shelby on July 29, 2013 at 6:18 pm

The cornbread looks delicious! I am definitely going to try this out, love the quinoa in it.

2. Sophie - thestickyandsweet on July 29, 2013 at 7:07 pm

You inspired me to make cornbread with my soup tonight!

3. Sarah | The Sugar Hit on July 29, 2013 at 10:01 pm

This cornbread looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see what else you’re working on too!

4. Karen on July 29, 2013 at 10:30 pm

SAVED to make very soon! This cornbread looks and sounds amazing and I also love your photos too! Great SRC pick, Karen

5. SallyBR on July 29, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Lovely recipe, great photos too!

Quinoa is such a great ingredient, you picked a perfect recipe for your reveal day..

6. Rebekah @ Making Miracles on July 29, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Beautiful selection – great photos!!!

7. Melissa on July 29, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I love cornbread and I love quinoa, so this recipe sounds like a winner to me! Great pick this month :)

8. Traci on July 29, 2013 at 11:53 pm

What a great pick! I love the addition of quinoa. Your recipe turned out so pretty.

9. Christine on July 30, 2013 at 12:38 am

Yummy! I haven’t made cornbread in a while, but this is convincing me that I really need to!

I had your blog for this month’s SRC – I had such a difficult time deciding what to make! I ended up choosing a variation of your spiced cherry tart (but instead used Saskatoon berries) and your almond cornmeal crust! They were quite tasty! You have such a beautiful blog and it was really a pleasure looking thorough it! I love how you have so many “me friendly” recipes. Take care!

10. Kirstin on July 30, 2013 at 12:46 am

Yum! Sounds so amazing!!!!!

11. Dorothy at ShockinglyDelicious on July 30, 2013 at 1:10 am

And now I want YOUR cornbread! Great SRC pick!

12. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on July 30, 2013 at 2:08 am

I love cornbread, your GF version looks so tasty!

13. Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel on July 30, 2013 at 2:48 am

I love baking with quinoa flour… never thought to use in it corbread!! What a great idea!

14. Janie E. on July 30, 2013 at 3:37 am

I will have to look for quinoa flour because I’ve just recently tried and loved quinoa!

15. Casey on July 30, 2013 at 10:45 am

I’m a total sucker for some good cornbread, this looks and sounds amazing!!

16. Claire @ Claire K Creations on July 30, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I have had corn bread on my must try list for way too long. Maybe you’re healthy version is where I should start. Looking forward to hearing about the secret project!

17. Susan on July 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm

This is such an interesting version of cornbread! Love the use of quinoa and especially quinoa flour which I have never seen before. Gorgeous photos as usual!

18. Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies on July 31, 2013 at 12:38 am

Cornbread looks delicious! Great SRC pick!

19. Katrina on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 am

Mmmm, love quinoa. This cornbread sounds delicious.
    I NEED a doughnut pan, too. Always find that I wish I had one.

20. brenda hayes on August 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Great…anxious to try it.

21. Sara @bellyrumbles on August 13, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I really want to give this a try. Help, cornmeal? We call it something else here in Aus, I can never find it. What do you suggest.

• JJ on August 13, 2013 at 11:31 pm

haha polenta! I usually put the option in, now updated :)

22. Shannon @ moveeatcreate.com on August 23, 2013 at 6:47 am

This looks absolutely delicious – as do so many things on your site. I’m so happy to have discovered it!

23. Aahana on December 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Mmmm, not only looks delicious but it tastes fantastic!! Have made it several times now, I like to mix it up; Added onions and garlic instead of corn kernels and it was amazing and also omitted the rice syrup. Thank you for the recipe!

• JJ on December 26, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Thanks for sharing Aahana – sounds great!

24. […] Gluten-Free Quinoa Cornbread […]