Grilled Radicchio & Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta

May 24, 2013

Radicchio Mushroom Bruschetta

A crisp sip of Pino Grigio, and then another just for good measure. A drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt. A slice of just-charred bread piled high with earthy autumn flavours.

As your eyes gently close you can almost feel the warm Mediterranean breeze flutter your lips into a contented grin…

And then the traffic, or the neighbours, or the kids, or the rain, come crashing into your lovely daydream to remind you that you are not in fact in Italy, and there are things to be done, thank you very much, and you best get back to real life. Sigh.

So what is bringing on my overly dramatic daydreams today? I’m over at A Fresh Legacy guest posting while the lovely Kyrstie is holidaying on the Almafi Coast!

Radicchio Mushroom Bruschetta

Kyrstie is a Twitter friend who I’ve actually met in real life – imagine that. She lives down in Melbourne, has the most spectacular produce growing in her huge backyard garden, and was a supporter of Seasonal Sunday Lunch from the beginning.

I think you’ll agree that an autumn inspired, Italian influenced, bruschetta is the perfect thing to share while she is away.

Make sure to pop over to A Fresh Legacy for the Grilled Radicchio & Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta recipe and say hi to Kyrstie.

But before you go, tell me, if you could travel anywhere tomorrow where would it be? Me? The list never ends but Sicily is pretty high up there.

Can you tell I’m getting itchy feet again? It has been over 6 months since our last trip after all – ha! In the meantime I think I may pour a glass of red and get back to my daydream…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Grilled Radicchio & Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta

1. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on May 24, 2013 at 9:14 am

I’ve traveled throughout Italy but haven’t made it to Sicily yet – sounds delightful, I’d be ready to hop on a plan tomorrow! Or I’d love to spend a few days relaxing on the Amalfi Coast in the sun. As for your bruschetta, it looks scrumptious. Perhaps one bite will transport me to Italy :).

• JJ on May 24, 2013 at 4:02 pm

A few days in the Amalfi Coast sun sounds so very nice (and is also on the list ;D)

2. giulia on May 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm

came to visit you straight awau :) well i’m from italy and only moved to canberra in january so getting itchy feet to go back ..luckily its not long now :)

• JJ on May 24, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Thanks for popping by! Yeah, Canberra is about as far away as you can get!

3. Tania @ The Cook's Pyjamas on May 24, 2013 at 3:25 pm

So I guess now is not the time to tell you I am currently travelling through the Baravian Alps en route to Paris? : ) I love radicchio in pretty much anything so am off to check out the recipe.

• JJ on May 24, 2013 at 4:04 pm

You are so not helping Tania ;D Have a lovely trip!

4. Claire @ Claire K Creations on May 24, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I couldn’t choose JJ. I’d probably go to Spain, although Italy would be nice, I wouldn’t mind a Greek island…

5. Helen (Grab Your Fork) on May 27, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Yum – I love grilled mushrooms and radicchio has such a pleasing bitterness. As for where I’d want to go, I still have to yet to make it to Cuba. Definitely on my bucket list!